Schneider Electric Launches Next Generation of EcoStruxure™, the Architecture and Platform for End-to-End IoT-Enabled Solutions at Scale
Schneider Electric has announced the launch of its next generation EcoStruxure architecture and platform to deliver IoT-enabled solutions at scale for building, grid, industry and data centre customers. The enhanced architecture and platform is open, scalable and interoperable, connecting the three core layers of Schneider Electric’s technology stack, from connected products, to edge control, to applications, analytics and services delivering enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability, and connectivity of IoT-enabled operations.
Next Generation EcoStruxure delivers advanced value
EcoStruxure enables scalable and converged IT/OT solutions to be developed that deliver innovation at every level to an organisation or enterprise. Leveraging connectivity and data to create controls and actionable business insights, with the combined power of analytics and closed-loop applications, EcoStruxure empowers customers and partners to augment operations to reach new levels of operational efficiency, sustainability, asset performance and people productivity. It also fosters open innovation and interoperability and is developed in partnership with leading standards organisations and best-in-class technology leaders.
Delivering Innovation at Every Level of the Technology Stack
EcoStruxure builds on Schneider Electric’s long-standing product and system leadership to provide a comprehensive portfolio of interoperable and cloud-connected and/or on-premise technologies organised around its three layers of technology innovation:
- The first layer builds on Schneider Electric’s core competency in developing connected products with embedded intelligence, such as sensors, medium and low voltage breakers, drives and actuators.
- The Edge Control layer gives organisations the critical capability to manage their operations on-premise as well as from the cloud depending on their needs. This includes connected control platforms with remote access, advanced automation and operator override capabilities. Local control and firewall protection is included to maximise the benefits especially for mission-critical applications.
- The third layer of the stack is an extensive portfolio of vendor-agnostic apps, analytics and services on open IP protocols achieved from Schneider Electric’s focused investment in R&D and product development in the critical areas of software, analytics and services, coupled with the integration of recent acquisitions such as Invensys, Telvent and Summit Energy.
Innovation at Every Level: Delivering Advanced Platform Capabilities
EcoStruxure is designed to meet the core customer challenge of implementing IoT solutions seamlessly, cost-effectively and at scale. The redefined IoT platform bridges the IT/OT gap and connects the three core layers of Schneider Electric’s innovation technology stack to maximise value for customers.
The launch of the EcoStruxure platform provides a secure, IoT-enabled technology backbone with three core technology capabilities:
- Embedded connectivity and intelligence that enables smart sensing, embedded computing, IP networking and edge analytics
- A foundation for smart operations to serve as the building blocks for control, management, automation and optimisation
- The infrastructure for cloud-connected digital services that enables the delivery of cloud-based connected apps, analytics, services, control and monitoring
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€27 billion in FY2015, our 160,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.